2010-11-20

Barn 007 Looking Out

Looking Out        22x30
While painting this one, I was aware of enjoying the technical skill build on many years of warm-ups, experimenting, putting-paint–on-paper, working in series and more. Stacks paper, painted with no thought of ‘production’ but rather to learn what happens. I have attended many workshops over the years, but I taught myself to paint by painting. (The idea is much like the one who watches Saturday TV football may not ever be able to get a football across the line.) So I was enjoying the process of putting-paint-on-paper. I was enjoying the design choices- the juxtaposition of shapes and colors.  Then there is the energy that comes for the peace of my convictions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen, Your joy in the painting and design comes through! I like what you say too, I've come to realize that the biggest part of learning is doing and observing how the paint reacts.

I really like the design! And, I like the interesting range of warm colors against a few cools. Festive!