2010-12-16

Barn 010





Barn 010   22x30   watercolor/mixed media


Barn 010 Take one 22x30 watercolor/mixed media


The effort in Painting  Barn 010 was to entertain with texture using collage. I am not at all sure that I like this one. It seems too worried and it took a long time – long for me. I worked on it for three days waiting for acrylic glue to dry in between applications. Barn 010 Take one did not have color dominance. There was too much green demanding attention so I reduced the amount by increasing the purple color.

The next will be less worked. What do you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen, These barns are great! I like the version one but, WOW, your additions really make this one special! Wonderful composition and fun too.

Terri Einer said...

I have to agree with you Ellen, I like the second one better. More soothing. Adorable composition!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen, Happy New Year to you! I'm still enjoying your barns! The color chord is wonderful.