2012-07-07

The TALK #6 and #7

The TALK #6      Watercolor 22x30
The TALK #7     Watercolor 22x30

These are 2-3 months old. I intended to do a lot more of The TALK but got involved in learning acrylics- which has been a great struggle for me (having painted in watercolor for since the bi-centennial of the USA). These have been standing in my studio catching my eye. Although some folks have found issues with various aspects of these two, I like them. Then intention was to report on this conversation - from a photo I took. There is considerable difference in attitude in Painting #6 and #7. The artist goal was to contrast the pure transparent washes with more opaque background which is better accomplished in #6; also to contrast the warm and cool, light and mid-tone; to understate.


No comments: