2012-10-27

Rick’s Landscape


Rick’s Landscape        acrylic          16x20

This was a struggle….several versions painted over while considering texture and non-texture, line and shape, complementary colors, color dominance (color theme) and value. This landscape (for that is what it turned into- I guess) is very different subject and color and feeling for me. I was not at all sure I liked it. However, one of the first people who saw it took it away to his office-Thanks Rick. Now a month later as I look at the image, I think he was right to latch onto it.

2 comments:

witte's end studio said...

this really quite stunning, ellen. from the color to the texture to the composition..all are working well. i don't think i ever like something that i do right away. it seems to need some time to grow on me. i think we are sometimes our worst critics.

Micros said...

Just happened upon your blog.

Have been looking your work over and enjoy your use of color subtleties and intensities that comes from realizing the world around us is just more than what we actually see. It is what we perceive with the intellect that we have trained and shaped.
The "so called abstractions", are one step beyond the representational aspects of your work-at least, that's how I see them.

Red Beginning-is so juicy with color. . . great piece.

Good work.

Abrazos!

Micros