2014-04-20

 

 
Red Bird    $100   12x12   watercolor collage with acrylic varnish.
This design was finished in January and the current posting of it is a clear indication of my neglect of this blog.  Hope to do more regular posting from now on.
One of the blogs I follow is Karen Knutson’s.  This year she chose birds as ‘subject matter’ for her 30-painting-in-30-days.  http://karenknutson.blogspot.com/ .  Her painting copied below was the inspiration for my Red Bird Design.
 I seem to like woodsy environment.  The bird and tree idea caught sparked my energy. 
The muted background behind the red tree cut from another rejected watercolor.  The larger red branch is a cutout from a watercolor warm-up.  The light orange was created by way of a stencil I made. What do you think about this one.
 
 

No comments: