2012-03-29

The Talk #1, #2 and #3

The Talk #1     watercolor and marker    11x10
This began with a straight watercolor wash being mindful of warm and cool interaction, then line added, then stripes with attention to gradation and variety and finally various stencils.

The Talk # 2       watercolor    11x10
The order of painting here was a the reverse of #1. I began with a light underwash, added some pattern with stencils, then drew the figures (actually traced from my ‘actual size’ sketch) then painted the figures and added some more patten. I like this one better.

The Talk # 3 Watercolor and India Ink 11x10
I put the colored wash on, then drew with India Ink using a stick- a twig from the maple tree in our yard. But the ink got away from me, so I let it go and added the dark background and texture.
The Talk sketch 11x10 watercolor
After painting a few of these I noticed the similar hand positions and thought it might be better to make an alteration. Now we know who is talking here!
The folks in this new series came from a photo I took a a family gathering a few yeas ago

No comments: