2014-12-13

Vase n Red Red

 
Vase n Red Red   12x12  mostly watercolor
 

Vase n Eloise 12x12  mixed watermedia

Third is short series.  I wanted to pick up the green found in Vase n Pepper to make a contrast with in these three.  The white shirt with stars added some perkiness.

Available for $100 un-framed.


 


VASE n DOODLE    12x12    mostly watercolor
It seems when I have not painted for a while I revert to the “vase and flower” series…so that I can play with color.  These were fun and reminiscent of some ideas cleaned for recent workshops with Karen Knutson, Mike Bailey and Myrna Wacknov.  A bit of collage, oil pastel and graphite pencil help finish these two efforts.  I like them.  What do you think?

 available  at $100 each  un-framed

  I include below a few of the ‘vase n flower’ series.  About two years ago, I did about twenty studies sized at 10x11.  This a non-standard size, which takes extra, expense to frame.  So I was thinking……” not production, not to hang on wall, not be successful and not hope to sell nor gift to the granddaughter”.  This freed my mind and allowed me to play and discover and ask “what if…?”  If only we would always have that freedom to create!


 












No comments: