2014-11-18

Untitled 22x30 Watercolor



Untitled           22x30     Watercolor

I am unsure about this one.  I like the watercolor feel, edges quality and the strong value statement.  However, the colors do not seem to be “me.”  I like warmer compositions.  There is this tugging inside me now to paint watercolor…meaning enjoying the flow, freshness, the paint doing its thing…that distinct look only found in watercolor.  Not sure where I am going ….  .  More coming.  Any ideas what to name this one?

3 comments:

Myrna Wacknov said...

This has an exquisite etherial quality. The strong darks keep it from being "sweet". Have fun naming the painting. We often make it a game at dinner time.

Ellen Roles said...

thanks Myrna. yes when I put the darks in it moved from being "pretty" to something more powerful

Terri Einer said...

It sort of looks like a geranium. I like the dark background. I'm sure you will make it "sing" in your own unique way!