2013-07-20

Flower Shop #14


Flower Shop  #14 watercolor collage   11 x 14 x 3/4
A composition chosen with warm dominance and cool contrast and repetition of  curved shapes….friendly.
This is the second collage I assembled - for practical reasons.  It was originally  two paintings 10x11 inches.   
I over thee past couple years, I deliberately chose a non-standard size.  My thought was that I wanted to force myself away from making paintings that “might sell”, something not frame-able.  
The result was a freedom that produced several successful creative attempts.   Then I couldn’t figure out how to present them the “framed”.   This collage is a  revamp to a standard size.
 
Below two watercolor efforts used in this collage.

 
The watercolor collage was  sprayed with Krylon UV resistant finish and then mounted with acrylic medium on Cheap Joe’s Really Good Cradled Painting Panel. The panel is rigid and  pressure can be applies to  flatly adhere the painting.
 
 
     My next effort  uses  polystyrene rigid insulation foam. More on this topic soon.
 
This has been a big step in a 2-3 year effort to find a no glass solution to present watercolors which has led me in directions never imagined.   I like  Flower Shop  #14.                          SOLD.


1 comment:

Art Glass Panel said...

This is a good blog.